Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Next Assignment

I have been notified that my next assignment will be in Newport, Rhode Island as Operations Officer on NOAA Ship HENRY B BIGELOW, a fisheries research vessel. This is to take place around March-April of 2008. I'm pretty excited about the next stage of my career, and looking forward to where it will take us.

Yes, it is fisheries, and I was on a hydrographic vessel for my first assignment, but in the words of one of the fisheries higher-ups, "It's not rocket science. Man has been fishing ever since we figured out there was something under the water that we wanted to eat." So I'm not too worried about figuring it out. Next thing for me is Refresher Training, which begins October 14 at Kings Point, NY and runs until November 9. After that I may augment aboard one of our smaller fish boats to get some experience. Then training (what I'm not exactly sure, but I'm hoping for dive training.) Basically I'm keeping the next few months pretty open for whatever they need me to do.

1 Comments:

At 2:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear sir,

We would like to get hold of one of the photos used on your website, preferably in high resolution.

Can you provide this and if so what procedure do we need to follow?

Regards,

Christophe Verhoeven
cverhoeven@subind.net

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home